Well hello Family this was inspired by our Angie. I am the hugest proponent of thrifting or op-shoping. There are many who do not have the budget to remake or create a wardrobe from middle to hi-end stores. My clients and I often shop at thrifts or Op-shops. I just love that name Op-Shop thank you Sally for that. It just sounds so much better to me as an American lol.
I often 90% of the time purchase from the Op-Shops but the other 10% is a splurge on myself. I don't do Ann Kline & Michael Kors. They have enough people to keep them in business 4 ever. I like designers like (H.O.T) House of Tem or Creative Flow by Oshun Bey or Hand Cady Couture by Naketa Grant. While most of you have never heard of these names. Just as many have and we slay all day in these one of a kind handmade creations. Each designer is different but each brings something to the table that I or others love.
People have a misconception that because I op-shop or thrift that I am
cheap I’m not. My choices are transparent. Yes I will brag about a
deal found but I will also brag just as much about the beauty that is
custom like my (H.O.T.) grown that was made.
Concerning the gown heard round the world.
This gown is a custom made piece. It is beautifully designed in every way from the Fashioner (H.O.T.) HOUSE OF TEM Tem's House. His custom designed pieces are worth every bit of what I paid for them. Yes, sister has 2 custom pieces and will be INVESTING in more. I love me so I'm worth it. I'm sure you can find something similar If you truly are LUCKY in the thrift.
Heart to heart moment. Not everything I wear is thrift.
I thrift so that I can live and retire travel and purchase things that I love like couture hand made from (H.O.T.) OR HAND CANDY COUTURE.
My friend Angela Smith Sew Sistah of Thrift in Style spoke truth to power that even thrift vintage pieces may cost more than $50 +. My Thrift $$$ are not your $$$ and that is okay. We have to train ourselves to know that we are worth a splurge sometime.
If you want to reach Tem please contact him here with serious inquiries only. https://m.facebook.com/HouseOfTem/…
I've included pictures of my designer items and my thrifted finds all are special to me.
As always thank you for your comments and or just looking at the pictures. I know I can be long winded but hey, what are you gonna do. I love pictures and writing. Have a great one.